WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Advanced Corrective Peel is a very potent and safe peel system that garnishes results almost immediately. After having the procedure done, skin texture, hydration and pigmentation will improve. The skin will also appear tighter and smoother with a more youthful, vibrant glow post treatment.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Inform our technician if you are nursing, pregnant suffer from psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or have taken Accutane in the past six months.
- If you have darker skin, consult with a dermatologist about any potential issues that may arise.
- For a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the treatment, apply a sunblock with SPF30+
- Discontinue Retinol and hydroquinone from 2 days prior to the treatment
- From a week prior to the treatment, avoid exfoliation, hair dyes, facial masks, depilatory creams, glycolic acid or lactic acid applications.
- For 24 hours prior to the treatment, do not wax or shave.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT:
- Skin will be hypersensitive 24 hours post treatment. Be sure to apply sunscreen and avoid direct sunlight while in the healing stage.
- For 24 hours after the treatment, sweating could cause a stinging sensation. So avoid vigorous exercise.
- Do not pick at the skin as it peels for about a week after the treatment.
- For a week after the treatment, avoid hair dyes, facial mask, depilatory creams, glycolic acid or lactic acid applications.
- Moisturize skin regularly.
- Makeup application can be resumed after a day.
Q: How often should I get chemical peels to maintain the results?
A: This depends on what type of pee you are getting. Some are recommended every 2-3 months and some only twice a year.
Q: What are the possible side effects?
A: Possible side effects of a chemical peel are redness and skin sensitivity. Though rare, scarring and changes in skin color may occur.
Q: What should I expect after the treatment?
A: After treatment your skin will begin to peel for 3-10 days. Some might experience redness and sensitivity so SPF is highly recommended during this time.